It's simple: NO FREEDOM WITHOUT HEALTH. If you're not healthy, you can't be free. The fact that millions of Americans get sick, stay sick and die because they have no health insurance makes America a sham democracy. We're the only civilized nation in the world that doesn't offer some kind of coverage for everyone. I'm ashamed of this. If I can find something to do about this, I will. It's a joke and it ain't funny.
......................................................................................................
Waxing Hot with Steve Halle on P.F.S. Post.
.......................................................................................................
1 comment:
Tell me about it. After landing a high-paying job as a technical writer but without health insurance I got a call form my doctor who I'd seen before my old insurance ran out. Turns out I may have the beginnings of cancer and no way to pay. So now I'm faced with going back to working retail on top of my 30/wk job in order to pay the medical bills. Even if you can afford $200-$300 a month to insure yourself, the damn insurance companies will never take on someone who's already ill.
But FYI for all you artists who are in good health and need insurance: many umbrella arts organizations (National Womens Art Caucus, Fractured Atlas) offer cheap group health insurance to their members. When I get a clean bill of health I may go this route.
Post a Comment